Windows Mail Setup
Windows Mail - Outlook 2007 - Outlook 2010 or 2013 - Outlook 2002 or 2003
What use is great website design and enquiries from your website if you don't receive the enquiries?
How to set up Windows Mail to send and receive email
Managing multiple email accounts is simplified because each account in Windows Mail is organised in its own folder.
Before you set up Windows Mail, start by collecting the following information for each email account. You will need to enter this information during the setup process:
- Your email address and password.
- The type of email server your email service uses.
- The address of the incoming and outgoing email servers used by your email provider.
1. To start, open Windows Mail. Click "Tools" and select "Accounts" from the list.
Click "Add" to add a new account.
Select to add an email account and click "Next" to continue.
Type your name as it will appear on any emails you send. Click "Next".
Enter your email address and click "Next"
Select "POP3" as the incoming server type and set both the incoming and outgoing server addresses.
Incoming mail server: Enter mail.yourdomain.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP):
This is the setting from your Internet Service Provider.
How do I find this? Check the settings of a current email account, search smtp your isp.
AAPT : mail.aapt.net.au
Bigpond : mail.bigpond.com
Dodo : smtp.dodo.com.au
Farmside : smtp.farmside.co.nz
iiNet : mail.m.iinet.net.au
Optusnet : mail.optusnet.com.au
Ozemail : smtp.ozemail.com.au
TPG : mail.tpg.com.au
Virgin Mobile 3G : mail.optusnet.com.au
Vodafone 3G : smtp.vodafone.net.au
Westnet : smtp.westnet.net.au
Click "Next" to continue.
Enter your full email address as the username and the password as supplied by 12website. Tick the box if you want Windows Mail to remember your password and click "Next" to continue.
Click "Finish" to complete the process.
Windows Mail Advanced Settings
How do I choose to "Remove email from the server once it has been read and / or deleted".
"Leave email on the server" in order to collect email on 2 or more computers.
In the Accounts tab, select the account you wish to modify and click properties.
In the Properties window select the Advanced tab
To remove email from the server ensure the "Leave a copy of messages on server" is unticked.
To "Leave email on the server" in order to collect email on 2 or more computers.
Ensure the "Leave a copy of messages on server" is ticked and then tick "Remove from the server after x days". We recommend this is set no higher than 5.
Emails left on the server quickly fill your quota and your email fais!
More Frequently Asked Questions or please get in touch.
- Ecommerce fact sheet
- Who needs a web site?
- What is necessary to have a web site?
- What is a domain name [web site address - URL]?
- What is a web site host?
- How much does it cost to setup a web site?
- Can I have e-mail addresses /auto responders?
- Do you need a web site manager?
- How many pages will I need?
- Who actually owns my web site?
- Will my web site be listed in the search engines?
- How can people find my web site?
- How long does it take to build a web site
- How do I configure Outlook or Outlook Express for my E-Mail Accounts?
- How do I configure Windows Mail for my E-Mail Accounts?